eWBLearning is a 30-month project (October 2018-March 2021) funded by the Erasmus Plus Programme.
The project idea grew up in Italy, where the coordinator Associazione Nazionale Presidi is very active in defending the role and promoting work-based learning experiences at school. Other project partners of the project are Associazione Euphoria (Italy), Fetico (Spain), Institute of entrepreneurship development (Greece), Provincial Education in Flanders
(Belgium), the Bulgarian Development Agency (Bulgaria) and Munster Technological University MUT (Ireland).
The partnership strongly believes that the quality of work-based learning (WBL) is crucial to help students connect their learning with the world of work. To better ease this link, teachers need to prepare their students adequately, providing them with employability skills, develop their entrepreneurial skills and enterprise capability so students can make more informed choices about their career options.
As a result of these considerations, the international partners put together their competencies, ideas, skills and created an online training course (eWBLearning) to be promoted all over Europe.
The objective of the training is to provide teachers, educators, headmasters and coaches with lessons and extra materials to complement their professional training necessary both at school and in other work-based settings in view of their continuous professional development.
More specifically, the project reached the following objectives:
– improve the capacity development of the schools and training institutions that should implement WBL paths/programmes;
– improve the provision of better guidance on skills and competencies;
– develop tutoring and coaching skills in teachers;
– identify some learning paths and competences to be acquired through non-formal learning;
– introduce systematic approaches for the long life professional development of teachers and educators.